Dutch Quality Stone products are virtually maintenance free.
On occasion, washing to remove surface debris or dust may be required. For dirt, dust and other
• You may find that gently scrubbing the stones surface with a dry soft bristle brush is sufficient.
• Use a solution of liquid dish detergent and water. Make sure the detergent does not contain any
bleach or other harsh chemicals. Gently scrub with soft bristle brush and detergent/water
solution. Rinse well with clean water.
When efflorescence occurs, as it does with many masonry products, it is usually the result of
moisture migration through the masonry substrate. Once the moisture is on the masonry surface,
it evaporates, depositing dissolved salts in the form of efflorescence. Efflorescence will disappear
naturally over time as long as the source of the moisture is controlled or eliminated. If you wish to
clean off efflorescence, reference the above described cleaning procedures.
• The use of acids or chemical cleaners is not recommended. Contact Customer Service at
877.359.7866 for any additional questions regarding the cleaning of masonry stone veneer.
WATER REPELLING /PROTECTIVE TREATMENTS
Protecting Dutch Quality Stone is not necessary, however, it is recommended in certain applications
such as “above grade”, where mud may splash onto the stone. A water repellent, or protective
treatment, will provide added protection and usually be easier to clean if the surface becomes dirty.
• Use CRAFTSHIELD™ water repellent treatment, a penetrating, breathable, water-based Siloxane
formula. This product provides extra insurance against water penetration through the stone and
grout joints. CRAFTSHIELD has been tested and will not alter the color of the stone after application.
Contact your local distributor to purchase CRAFTSHIELD.
• The use of any penetrating, breathable, silane or siloxane based water repelling agent is acceptable.
• DO NOT USE WIRE BRUSHES ON DUTCH QUALITY STONE
• DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CLEAN DUTCH QUALITY STONE WITH ACID CLEANERS
• DO NOT CLEAN DUTCH QUALITY STONE WITH A HIGH POWER PRESSURE WASHER